As you read through Mark chapter 6 there is just a lot happening.
- Jesus returns to Nazareth and the people are astounded and offended by his words.
- Jesus takes the disciple to the surrounding villages and continues his teaching
- Jesus sends the twelve out in pairs, giving them authority over unclean spirits and instructing them to preach a message of repentance
- Herod has heard about Jesus and thinks he might be John the Baptizer raised from the dead and begins to keep an eye on Jesus
- Jesus feeds the crowd of 5,000
- The disciples set out in the boat for Bethsaida and a storm blows in. Soon we find Jesus walking across the sea to them.
- And as soon as they landed, people began bringing the sick to be healed.
Quite a chapter.
But in the middle of it all there is a paragraph that is often lost in the busyness of the ministry that is happening. One that we would do well to read and re-read. Continue reading